2. Attukal Temple is a renowned temple in Kerala where Women are worshipped. The temple hosts Attukal Pongala festival, in which over a million women participate.Only women are allowed to participate in the Pongala ritual. The festival has figured in the Guinness Book of World Records for being the single largest gathering of women for a religious activity.
3. Chakkulathukavu Temple is another temple in Kerala dedicated to the Bhagavathi, and follows a peculiar annual ritual called ‘Naari Puja’. On the first Friday of Dhanu (December), the male priests wash the feet of female devotees who have fasted for 10 days. This system takes root in the belief that female devotees visiting on this particular day are the incarnation of Chakkulathu Amma (goddess).
4. In Assam, Kamru Kamchhaya Mandir is also such temple where only women is allowed to enter the premises during the time of monthly period. It is the temple of Bhagavati Maa, when Uma or Maa Sati waist was fell down here after having cut by Lord Vishnu Sudershan Chakra. It is also an important Peeth of Bhagvati Maa. Devipuram Kamakhya Peetham with the female priest and devotees.
5. One such temple is in Muzaffarpur, Bihar. During the time of special period day, only women devotee is allowed there to enter the Mandir. Even, Pujari of the Mandir is not allowed to enter the premises.
6. The temple of the Bhagwathi in Chengannur (Kerala) and the temple of Kamakhya Devi (Assam) where the Goddess too was believed to menstruate and followed similar rituals of menstrual seclusion, closing the temple for 3 days and then celebrating the end of her menstruation. In both these temples, the menstrual cloth is considered highly auspicious and is distributed among devotees.
7. One such temple of Bhagavati Maa is Kanya Kumari in Kerala.There also women devotee is allowed to enter. Male entry is prohibited there. This is a famous temple of Kanya Kumari, where Kanya Ma Bhagawati Durga is worshiped by women only.
8. Santoshi Maa Varat is observed by only women or unmarried girls. I did not see any male on fast or on the Varat of Santoshi Maa. Sour fruits or prickle eating on that day is also prohibited. Though, male enters the Santoshi Maa temple for worshiping but hardly anyone is on Varat of Santoshi Maa.